Friday, February 26, 2010

Hiding the Executioner Follow Up

I noticed that one of my kids' PCs was on in the morning.  It's usually at a WoW login screen so I decided to double check my shutdown settings.  I found a missing "/f" to force the shutdown.  All corrected.  It also occurred to me that Windows 7 didn't have the keys I told you to modify.  For Windows 7 you simply create the appropriate keys and DWORD entries and it will hide your account.  Here's a sample registry file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon \ SpecialAccounts \ UserList]
"executioner"=dword:00000000
 


Just make sure you change "executioner" to the username you selected to run your jobs.  Also, a space was inserted between each \ for readability.  Do a CTRL-H in notepad and replace " \ " with "\".

No comments:

Post a Comment